By placing the booking I do confirm I read and accept
VanGo Campers Terms and Conditions:
DEFINITION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
‘VanGo Campers’ means VanGo Campers Ltd registered at 64A Cumberland Street EH3 6RE Edinburgh.
‘Driver/hirer’ means the person(s) nominated as the driver(s) under the Rental Agreement.
‘VanGo Camper’ means the vehicle under hire as described under the heading ‘Vehicle Details’ under the ‘Rental Agreement’ and includes tyres, tools, accessories, living equipment and any other special equipment, documents relating to the vehicle and any replacement or substitute vehicle provided by VanGo Campers.
‘Rental Agreement’ means the document read and signed by the hirer on collection and return of the vehicle. It includes details of ‘Customer’, ‘Vehicle Details’, ‘Rental Period’, ‘Collision Damage Waiver’, ‘Departure Checklist’.
- Reservations are booked and paid for in full by hirer at the time of booking on www.vangocampers.co.uk or by calling +44 (0) 776 602 3818.
- All prices quoted and charged in £ (GBP).
- Payment is only accepted by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or debit card (Visa Debit or UK Maestro). Please note, we do not accept American Express.
- A reservation is only binding after the deposit has been paid and confirmed by VanGo Campers. VanGo Campers terms and conditions and cancellation policy apply from this point onwards.
- VanGo Campers are not responsible for any fluctuations in exchange rate or international banking fees imposed by your bank which affect the final cost deducted from your bank account.
- Vehicles will not be released without full payment being received.
- HIRE RATES INCLUDE
- Unlimited Mileage
- Kitchen Kit
- Fully Comprehensive Insurance for one named driver aged 25 – 69 and holding a full valid driving licence for more than 2 years*
- Breakdown & Roadside Assistance**
* excluding any insurance loading. Extra charges may be incurred if the driver to be insured has a driving conviction, is a young or senior driver or is in an occupation which is deemed high risk. These charges will be passed onto the customer. See Section 5c for full details.
** VanGo Campers will supply full breakdown cover to cover any mechanical faults to the base chassis of the vehicle. Any call out charges necessitated by the client through operator error, e.g. a flat vehicle battery or flat tyre, etc will be the responsibility of the client.
- HIRE PERIOD
- ‘Hire Period’ refers to the dates agreed in the Rental Agreement.
- Rental is charged on a per day basis.
- Minimum hire period is 3 days in low season (October – April) and 7 days in high season (May – September.)
- Hires shorter than 7 days in high season may be available on a request basis and/or subject to a surcharge.
- VanGo Campers reserves the right to increase the minimum rental period for certain events.
- HIRER / DRIVERS
- Driver(s) must hold a full valid driving licence for at least 24 months that entitles them to drive a UK category B vehicle up to 3500kg GMVW.
Valid driving licences for insurance purposes are:
UK, Ireland, EU, EEA, Australia, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa, USA, Canada, Singapore, Japan, Brazil, Russia, China, Argentina
Any driving licence not listed above have to be accepted prior the reservation by VanGo Campers. Any online bookings made with driving licences not covered in section 4 could have to be cancelled.
- Age limits:
- Standard driver insurance is available on all vehicles for drivers aged 25-69.
- Young driver insurance is available for drivers aged 21-24. Drivers age must be declared at time of booking and additional premium paid. Young driver premium is £20 per day.
- All drivers must be present for collection of the campervan. No exceptions can be made.
- All drivers must provide two separate forms of photographic identification on collection of vehicle otherwise hire will be invalidated i.e.: valid passport and driving licence as well as 1 alternative proofs of identification i.e.: a utility bill and bank statement dated no more than 60 days old which has your name and current address listed.
- Your driving licence must be at your current address. If not, then in addition to this we require 2 alternative proofs of identification i.e.: a utility bill and bank statement dated no more than 60 days old which has your name and current address listed.
- If you have a GB driving licence, we require you to log in to the DVLA website and check the counterpart of your driving licence. Your rental will be cancelled without refund if we are unable to DVLA check your driving licence details.
- If you have a Northern Ireland driving licence, we require both the photo card and the paper counterpart.
- You must declare at the time of booking if there are any endorsements on your driving licence. VanGo Campers may not be able to provide cover for you to drive the vehicle if you have certain endorsements imposed on your driving licence. Charges apply for penalty points. Failure to declare any accidents or driving convictions invalidates insurance.
- Maximum of 3 additional drivers per rental.
- Drivers are liable for any legal penalties (parking fines, speeding tickets etc) incurred during the hire period. An administration fee of £50 applies to all penalties received by VanGo Campers.
We are unable to offer driver insurance under the following circumstances:
- Drivers under 21 and over 70 years of age
- Drivers who have not held a full valid driving licence as outlined above for at least 24 months.
- Should any driver fail to present all the correct documentation and identification on collection of the vehicle or the documentation does not meet the driver requirements set out in the terms and conditions, then VanGo Campers will be unable to release the vehicle. No refunds will be given.
- Drivers holding only an automatic driving licence
- Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed. “Spent convictions” covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act of 1974 may be disregarded.
- Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance cover cancelled by any motor insurer.
- Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
- Jockeys and persons connected with racing, gaming industry or press of any sort.
- Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one incident during the past 3 years.
- Foreign service personnel other than persons holding a full UK/EU/EEA/Canada/Australia/New Zealand/Republic of South Africa/Singapore/Japan/Brazil/Argentina/Russia/China/USA licence for at least 2 years.
- UK drivers who do not provide access to online counterpart check
On all cases, the insurance company has the final say.
Fully comprehensive insurance is provided by VanGo Campers through our insurers for the driver(s) named on the rental agreement (provided all the personal informed supplied is correct). Named drivers are subject to the criteria outlined in section 4. Only persons named on the Rental Agreement are insured to drive the vehicle.
The vehicle is insured for damage to the vehicle and the property of a third party but does not include any personal insurance for the customer including death or bodily injury to the driver nor does it cover any personal possessions.
No other hire insurance is acceptable for the rental of a VanGo Camper.
5b. SECURITY DEPOSIT / EXCESS
The hire is subject to a security deposit which covers both the insurance excess in the event of any first incident or reported incident and the proper return of the vehicle in same condition as it was let out to the hirer. In the event of any additional incident(s), a second security deposit will be required in order to continue with the rental.
The security deposit is taken as a pre-authorisation on the hirer’s credit or debit card at the time of collection (Visa or Mastercard). No other form of payment is accepted and pre-paid currency cards cannot be accepted. The card used for the security deposit should be in the lead driver’s name and the amount will be held on your card immediately.
In the event of any damage to the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the excess amount attributed to the hired vehicle:
- A security deposit of £500 is payable for rental for drivers aged 25-69
- A security deposit of £800 is payable for rental for young drivers aged 21-24
Please note, VanGo Campers reserve the right to increase the insurance excess.
Security deposits are authorised in GBP (£) at VanGo Campers Edinburgh depot. Bunk Campers are not responsible for any fluctuations in exchange rate or international banking fees imposed by your own bank which affect the final cost deducted from your account.
The security deposit is fully refundable within 14 days of return of the vehicle provided there are no outstanding insurance claims or the following conditions:
- This security deposit will be used to fund any loss or damage what so ever to equipment, fixtures, fittings, windows, cleaning fees, tyres or negligent damage to the vehicle. A £50 administration fee will be applied in addition to any costs for any loss or damage to your vehicle or any item contained within.
- The security deposit will be used to fund any road traffic violation administration fees.
- The security deposit will be used to fund any excessive cleaning fees. A nominated valeting fee of up to £150 will be charged against the deposit if the vehicle is not returned with the interior in a tidy condition. An additional fee of £50 will be charged against the deposit if the toilet and waste tank are not emptied and cleaned prior to the return of the vehicle. An additional fee of £100 will be charged if it is found that smoking has been permitted in the vehicle. An additional £100 will be charged if an unauthorised pet has been carried in the vehicle.
- The security deposit will be used to fund any refuelling costs arising from not returning the vehicle with a same level of fuel than on collection. A £25 administration fee will be applied in addition to any costs for refuelling.
- The hirer agrees to pay VanGo Campers any additional costs over and above the security deposit value should damages exceed the security deposit value within 14 days of your hire.
In the event of an insurance claim, regardless of fault, the security deposit will be retained until the insurers have settled the claim. Please note, this can be a lengthy process and is out of VanGo Campers control.
The hirer irrevocably authorises VanGo Campers to deduct from the security deposit any amounts due to VanGo Campers arising out of this agreement.
The following are not covered by insurance, therefore the hirer accepts full liability for these, which is in addition to the standard vehicle excess/security deposit should that apply.
- Mechanical problems E.g. clutch/gearbox due to driver negligence.
- Any damage caused by a negligent act.
- Replacement or repair of aerials, glass, wheels or incorrect fuelling.
- Missing wheel trims, tools or spares.
- Damage to the underside of the vehicle or the roof is not covered under any insurance and any damage to these areas is deemed as gross negligence. Any such damage will be charged at a fixed cost of £2500 plus the full insurance excess on your vehicle.
- The theft of a VanGo Camper will not be covered by insurance if the keys are left in the ignition or in or on the vehicle whilst unoccupied and the hirer shall be held fully responsible for a replacement vehicle.
- Windscreen, mirrors and/or tyre damage is not covered by the standard vehicle insurance
5c. ADDITIONAL INSURANCE CHARGES
- Insurance for an additional driver is charged additionally per day. Maximum 3 additional drivers.
- Insurance for additional driver(s) aged over 21 years to 24 years is charged additionally at £20 per day.
- Insurance for additional driver(s) aged over 24 years to 69 years is charged additionally at £10 per day.
- An additional premium of £3 per endorsement per day applies to any driver with penalty points/convictions on their driving licence dated within 5 years from the commencement of the hire.
- Additional protection packages are available to reduce liability in the event of any damage or incident. Please refer to section 7 of these terms and conditions for more information.
- Additional insurance charges may apply if the hirer has an occupation that is deemed to be high risk.
Other chargeable extras include:
- Bedding (duvet, pillow, covers) & Towels
- Outdoor Table
- Outdoor Chairs
- Child seats
- Satellite Navigation (GPS)
- Full bottle of camping gas
- Bike Rack
- Portable Toilet
- Points/endorsements on driving licence
- Additional driver(s)
Please contact VanGo Campers for current prices and are subject to availability.
A camping gas canister will be included in the rental and provided on collection. Only customers who have pre-paid for gas will receive a full canister of camping gas. Additional gas purchased throughout the rental period is at the customer’s own expense.
- COLLECTION AND RETURN
Collection and return of the VanGo Camper is to the agreed location specified at time of booking as set out under ‘hire period’ in the rental agreement.
Collection: Collection of the Bunk Camper is between 3-5PM Monday to Friday unless otherwise agreed by VanGo Campers and any additional premiums paid. Please allow 1 hour in order to complete all paperwork and demonstrate the vehicle to you.
One security deposit payment (standard excess) is payable by credit or debit card only on collection. This covers insurance excess, security deposit and cleaning deposit.
All drivers must be present on collection of the motorhome and must present their full valid driving licence (as outlined in section 4 of these terms and conditions), passport and credit/debit card for the security deposit. Photocopies will not be accepted. Vehicles will not be released without 2 forms of valid photo identification and funds for deposits being available on collection. The vehicle will not be released until deposit is paid. Vehicle will be handed over in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the ‘Vehicle Condition Report (VCR)’.
Please note, VanGo Campers make every effort to have your vehicle ready for collection at the appropriate time, however, during busy periods there may be some delays which are out of our control. Should this be the case, no refunds will be due to you and no extension of your hire can be made as the motorhome will still be required to be returned in accordance with the details set out in your rental agreement.
Return – Return of the Bunk Camper is before 12PM unless otherwise agreed and additional premiums paid. Please allow 30 minutes to complete the return documentation and check the VanGo Camper. Vehicles must be returned undamaged with a the same level of fuel in the tank, with an empty toilet cassette, a tidy interior and in the same condition as they left the depot. Charges will apply if the vehicle is returned with additional damage, the fuel tank is not full, the vehicle is unclean or if the toilet cassette is not empty.
There are no refunds for early returns. Charges apply for late returns.
Should for any reason, the hirer fails to return the vehicle to the agreed VanGo Campers depot, the hirer accepts that he or she is liable for the full cost to recover the vehicle back to the VanGo Campers depot and for any daily rental fees for the vehicle for the period which it is off the road as the result of not returning the vehicle to the depot by the agreed return time.
Late Return – Bunk Campers must be notified immediately to prevent any prosecution for driver(s) driving whilst uninsured. Late returns will be charged at one day’s rental cost regardless of circumstances.
If you wish to collect or return the vehicle outside of the collection or return times above, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org before making your booking for information on pricing for out of hours service.
- DRIVING IN MAINLAND EUROPE
Driving to Mainland Europe in a VanGo Camper is not permitted without previous approval by VanGo Campers. European cover is mandatory for travel to Mainland Europe and you will be in breach of these terms and conditions should you take a motorhome into Mainland Europe without purchasing the European cover
9a. CANCELLATION BY VANGO CAMPERS
VanGo Campers reserve the right to cancel a reservation before or at the proposed commencement of hire as follows:
- Hirer does not provide a valid passport and driving licence as proof of ID.
- If Named Driving Licence is not produced or valid in accordance with stated conditions.
- If a UK drivers fails to provide access to information on the counter part driving licence held on the DVLA website.
- Hirer fails to provide funds for security deposit payment (standard excess) by credit card or debit card.
- Over occupancy of vehicle in accordance with the provision of seatbelts.
- The address on driving licence does not match billing address where additional proof of ID is not supplied.
- Due to operational issues affecting rental fleet.
- Hirer is in breach of any term in this agreement.
- The hirer obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation.
- If any statement, representation or warranty made by the hirer in respect to himself or additional drivers is incorrect.
- The vehicle appears to be abandoned.
- In the event of any damage to the vehicle regardless of fault.
- The vehicle is not returned at the agreed date or VanGo Campers reasonably believes the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date.
- VanGo Campers considers on reasonable ground that the safety of passengers or the vehicle is in danger. The hirer understands that in the event of such termination or repossession that the hirer has no right to a refund or any part of the rental charges or the security deposit.
- In the event of an operational issue.
Please note, VanGo Campers liability is limited to the refunds of all monies paid by the hirer. No compensation is available for additional arrangements booked by hirer (e.g.: flights, concert tickets).
VanGo Campers reserve the right to amend our cancellation policy for certain events.
9b. CANCELLATION OR CHANGE BY HIRER
In the event of a cancellation by the hirer the following charges shall be incurred:
- 4 weeks prior to rental to no show: 100% of total hire charge.
- 6 weeks to 4 weeks prior to rental: 50% of total hire charge.
- More than 6 weeks prior to rental: 20% of total hire charge.
Credit card and debit card charges are non-refundable. An administration fee of £50 will be charged on the processing of any refund.
Customers are advised to check their own travel insurance policy in the event of a cancellation by the hirer.
In the event the hirer wishes to make changes to this contract with regards to change their vehicle type, dates of hire or pickup/drop off location requests should be made in writing and agreed by VanGo Campers and the hirer. The following charges shall be incurred:
Amendments to reservation dates within the calendar year, vehicle type or collection/return location will be accommodated where possible and are subject to availability and any increase in price. A £50 administration fee applies to any changes.
No refund will be given if the value of the hire for the new dates, pickup/drop off location or vehicle type is of lesser value than the original booking.
- RIGHT TO CHANGE OF VEHICLE
Every effort will be made by VanGo Campers to ensure you receive the campervan type ordered. However, VanGo Campers reserves the absolute right to change your campervan type or its specification in the event of an operational issue. Such substitution shall not entitle you to any refund and does not constitute a breach of this Agreement.
The hirer is not liable for any increased rental charges from the substitute vehicle. The hirer is liable for any additional running costs pertaining to the substitute vehicle. No other refund will be available including compensation for additional arrangements booked by hirer (e.g.: flights, hotels, concert tickets).
- CAMPERVAN SYSTEMS:
Prior to the collection of your vehicle, VanGo Campers carry out a full inspection of all on-board components to ensure they function correctly. On collection, you will be shown how each component operates and what to look for if a system fails during the hire. VanGo Campers will do everything possible to resolve the issue without having to return to the depot, however, this is not always possible and VanGo Campers cannot be held responsible should any loss of function happen and are not liable to refund any monies nor provide an alternative vehicle. In the case of winter hire, VanGo Campers cannot be held responsible in the event of any damage or inconveniences caused by freezing conditions. This is the responsibility of the hirer.
- USE OF THE VEHICLE
During the rental period, the hirer agrees that the vehicle will not be:
- Driven other than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner or used in a manner which could cause damage.
- Driven in a prohibited area.
- Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law.
- Driven by a person who is unauthorised to drive the vehicle as set out under the heading ‘Driver details’ of the VanGo Camper Rental Agreement.
- Driven by any person who is not authorised by law to drive the vehicle.
- Used to carry more persons in accordance with the provision of seatbelts in a VanGo Camper.
- Left with the ignition key in or on the vehicle or unlocked while it is unoccupied (invalidates insurance).
- Damaged by submersion in water or in contact with salt water.
- Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest.
- Used to tow any vehicle or trailer.
- Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward.
- Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material.
- Driven on any road surfaces other than sealed / bitumen roads. Off road driving is not allowed and not covered by VanGo Campers insurance.
I understand that Bunk Campers reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
- BREAKDOWN AND VEHICLE MAINTENANCE
All faults or damage must be reported immediately to vehicle support or at the latest on return of the vehicle.
The hirer will take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle whilst on hire including checking oil and coolant levels, tyre pressures and batteries.
The hirer acknowledges that VanGo Campers will reimburse the hirer for expenditure up to the amount of £50 reasonably incurred. All expenditure must be authorised by Vehicle Support and valid receipts must be provided on return of the vehicle for reimbursement. Costs will not be reimbursed for any damage caused by me or caused by breach of this agreement.
The hirer will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel. All VanGo Campers vehicles run on diesel.
24 hour Roadside Assistance is provided under the hire contract. The hirer may instruct repairs to the maximum value of £50 / €65. VanGo Campers must be notified by telephone for repairs in excess of this amount.
- RESPONSIBILITY WHEN AN INCIDENT OCCURS:
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of vehicle including damage to a third party vehicle, the hirer will:
- Notify VanGo Campers on 0044 (0) 776 602 3818 within 24 hours of the event
- Obtain the names and address of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station
- Complete the incident reporting form supplied in the vehicle
- Not make any admittance of liability or make a settle offer to other parties
- Assist VanGo Campers in handling any claim arising from the event
- Acknowledge that the excess or other amount due in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period, regardless of which party is at fault.
- Will pay any costs relating to a change of vehicle as a result of an incident regardless of which party is at fault.
- Accept that no security deposit/excess will be refunded until the claim is settled.
- VIOLATION OF TRAFFIC LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation infringements under the current Road Traffic Legislation applicable in the United Kingdom including Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
VanGo Campers will contact the customer after the rental agreement finishes if any traffic violation infringements are presented to VanGo Campers for your hire period. The driver(s) will be liable for any penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation that has been incurred during their hire period.
VanGo Campers will notify the driver(s) of any speeding or parking fines and an administration charge of £50 for each infringement incurred throughout the hire period which the hirer is liable for.
- CONDITIONS OF HIRE
The company’s camper van rental agreement is the sole contract for hiring the vehicle between VanGo Campers and the hirer(s), driver(s) and/or passenger(s).
- The company takes no responsibility for any delay, loss, damage or injury that a hirer might experience no matter how it is caused or by whom.
- No refunds are payable on accommodation or other arrangements by VanGo Campers where a hirer or passenger changes, cancels or seeks to vary this agreement.
- These conditions cannot be varied or altered or waived by any employee or representative of VanGo Campers or by anyone providing services or facilities.
- The company cannot be bound by any representative or statement unless it is confirmed in writing by VanGo Camper’s management.
- Smoking is not permitted in any VanGo Campers vehicle. VanGo Campers reserves the right to impose additional cleaning charges should smoke be detected in the vehicle.
- Animals are not permitted in any VanGo Campers vehicle unless agreed with VanGo Campers and an additional premium been paid.
All faults or damage must be reported immediately to vehicle support or at the latest on return of the vehicle. In the event that a complaint is not satisfactorily resolved upon return, the hirer must inform VanGo Campers by email to email@example.com within 7 days of returning the vehicle.